Friday, November 12, 2010

Bird Blog

Statue at the Santa Cruz Harbor

This is starting out as a bird blog.  The irony here is that I'm not a huge bird fan.   Or even a small one.  I've never been tempted to have a bird as a pet.  One roommate cured that with her parakeet that dive bombed us and pooped all over the house.  Up to this point I've been quite content with birds of the metal persuasion like the one above.

But I am a photographer and I enjoy wildlife shooting. I don't often get out of the house, so I shoot things from the house or yard mostly.  I live in the Santa Cruz mountains on the edge of  a redwood forest.  The trees are out back, the views over the ridge tops are in the front, and there's even a peek of the ocean from my driveway.  I used have that from the house until my neighbor planted more trees.

Here's the deal.  There's a lot of wildlife around here - even some mountain lions.  I'm not exactly hoping to get a close up shot of one of them, though!  But what other wildlife could I shoot?  Birds!

So, birds it is.  I know next to nothing about them.  Or bird photography.  I'm now inviting you along on my journey to observing, shooting, and identifying birds. Hopefully as time goes on, I will get better at all of this. If you see any mistakes, please leave a note to tell me. 

Read on to follow me on my journey into the world of birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment